Friday, 22 May 2015

Product Review – Motions Triple Action Leave – in Conditioner


Hi ladies. We've come to the end of another beautiful Friday and we’re gradually ending the month of May. I have to say, this is the fastest year yet!! This post is long overdue as I promised to give a review about 2 months ago.

I bought this leave –in conditioner sometime in March from Casabella Shop Silverbird, Abuja.  I was looking to try a new protein conditioner outside my regular Elasta Qp Olive oil and Mango butter which I've used since I started my hair journey. Initially, I was going to buy Cantu Shea butter or Aphogee Keratin and Greentea Restructurizer when I stumbled on Motions. I currently use Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner and I love it (though I wish it had a bigger bottle) so I thought the leave-in will be great too.


Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 80, Fragrance (Parfum), Dmdm Hydantoin, Limonene Disodium Edta, Linalool, Hydrolized Silk, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Price: I got it for a lil over 1,000. I’m sorry I can’t remember the exact price.

Quantity: The bottle is 11.5 fl oz (340 ml). Considering this is a protein leave –in conditioner and I tend to use more of moisture, I think the quantity is okay. I've had this since March and I still have more than half of the product left.

Consistency: Its white and runny. Makes it quite easy to apply and a little goes a long way.



Smell: It has a very strong smell which lingers for a while before fading away. I’m not a fan of products with strong smells except when necessary.

Packaging: It comes in a yellow bottle with a dark purple cap that is pressed to open or close it.


Directions: It says to apply an ample amount throughout hair and leave in. To balance the moisture on hair, apply as often as desired.

My Analysis: I’m not in love with this product. I don’t think it has made a difference to my hair since I bought it and truth be told I use more of my Elasta Qp than I use this. It says on the bottle that “it repairs and strengthens our hair from the inside out using hydrolyzed silk to fortify each hair strand”. We know that most repair and strengthen products tend towards being protein which should help breakage to a certain extent but this product hasn't done so for me. I still experienced breakage and it felt like my hair was being coated every time I applied it.

Like I said earlier, I love the conditioner and I use it to deep condition which I've done since I started my hair journey but this leave - in is a NO-NO! I don’t know if it’s me personally or I’m not applying the product the right way but I won’t purchase it again.

Has any of you ladies used this product or is using it currently?

Have a blessed weekend…

7 comments:

  1. I have this product and to me it's just "bleh". I also use their moisturising DC and it's amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their moisturizing dc too but this is a no for me!

      Delete
  2. No i haven't and ain't planning to either. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You never know, it may work for you.

      Delete
  3. I love it, but it's discontinued. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, but it's discontinued. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it Rachel. For me it's a no but then what works one doesn't work for the other right?! Thanks for commenting Rachel😊

      Delete