Friday, 31 July 2015

Crochet Braids In!!!


Hi ladies. Long time no post! I was reading a post by Berry Dakara on her blog and I felt like she was talking about me. Lol! I haven’t put up a post in while because I’ve been using the same methods for my washdays and didn’t have anything new to show you guys. But I realized that there are more informative posts I can put up apart from my regular washday posts and I was challenged yet again by reading Berry Dakara’s post. Perfect timing Berry!!!

You can tell from the title that I’ve installed crochet braids again. I love how crochet braids allow me to look chic and still protect my hair at the same time. It’s like having the best of both worlds! Check out my posts here and here on the crochet braids styles I’ve installed in the past.

Source: Instagram +Thatigbochick 

For this style, I was inspired by a picture I came across on Instagram of Dimma of That Igbo Chick. I love how the hairstyle framed her face and was determined to replicate the same style for myself. Without further ado, here’s how I installed this crochet braids style.

I’ve tried using this particular hair before but had serious troubles in tying the knot so I had a friend help me out this time. Thanks Maggie. She’s been featured on Feature Friday here on the blog.





Hair: Royal Silk Supreme Double Ponytail Braid

No of Packs Used: 4

Hair Type: Synthetic

Price: N500








I washed my hair 2 weeks to this install and even though I wash on a weekly basis, I decided not to wash prior to my install to avoid manipulation. Just as in the picture above, tiny cornrows were made in the front of my hair and bigger ones at the back. The hair isn’t plenty in the packet which was why I used 4. So if you have fuller and longer hair you may have to use more. Each packet has 2 packs of hair attached to each other (see picture below).
 It took 4 hours to finish my hair and I was exhausted by the time we were done. I even had swollen feet from sitting for so long. Lmao!!
Halfway done

Exhausted from sitting for so long
I love this hair and would most likely do it again but in a different way. The ends of this hair are curled and I love it. My only problem is its synthetic and synthetic hair has a way of tang  ling and destroying the look of the weave. I would have preferred if there’s a human hair version of it.
I haven’t rocked any styles with my new hair other than pulling it into a low ponytail at the back. But trust that I’ll post any style I rock and I intend to rock as many as possible. Knowing myself and my hair, I’d probably not keep this hair for long but fingers crossed that I do.

What new styles have you rocked ladies?


Have a blessed weekend…

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Hilda, keep it up.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Hilda, keep it up.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete